Oklahoma Teen Plots Mass Murder on Day of Newtown Attack
A student has been arrested in Oklahoma, US, on suspicions he has plotted an explosion and shooting of schoolmates on the same day a gunman killed 26 children and adults in an elementary school in Connecticut.
Police in the town of Bartlesville arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez at about 4:30 a.m. Friday after receiving a tipoff about the alleged plot.
Chavez, a student at Bartlesville High School, allegedly tried to convince other students to help him lure schoolmates into the auditorium, chain the doors shut and start shooting. According to local authorities, he threatened to kill those who refused to help and planned to detonate bombs at the doors as police arrived.
It remains unclear how Chavez got possession of explosives and guns. The plot was not in any way connected to the Connecticut shooting spree, the investigators say. The suspect is being held on a USD 1 M bond.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Military Aid has arrived in Ukraine. The Baltic States will send Missiles to Kiev
- » The EC welcomes the Dialogue between the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Sweden and Finland - in Talks with NATO
- » Romania: Russia's Request for the Withdrawal of NATO Troops is Unacceptable
- » Bulgaria will Donate 250,000 doses of the Pfizer Vaccine to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- » Austria Introduces Compulsory Vaccination