Only Starting Teachers' Salaries Upped by 12% in Bulgaria
Only the starting salaries of junior, senior and supervising teachers will be increased by 12% in 2013, Bulgarian Education Minister, Sergey Ignatov, has announced.
All other teachers will get a 7% pay raise. There will be no Christmas bonuses for employees of the Education Ministry and school employees.
Ignatov further informed that Turkey is resuming the recognition of Bulgarian college diplomas with the information being confirmed by their Council of Higher Education.
"There is a forthcoming bilateral agreement to resolve all such issues individually in the future and not on institutional level," said the Minister.
He was in the second largest city of Plovdiv Friday to take part in the official ceremony on handing the diplomas to students from the Agrarian University there.
On Saturday, Ignatov will be a guest at a similar event at the Plovdiv College for Economy and Administration.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program