Bulgaria's Nuclear Plant among World's Best - Expert
Bulgaria's sole nuclear power plant, Kozloduy, is among the world's best, Bulgarian nuclear expert Sergey Tsochev has declared.
Tsochev, chair of Bulgaria's Nuclear Regulation Agency, has told the Bulgarian National Radio that he is satisfied with the results of the International Atomic Energy Agency's three-week safety review of the nuclear power plant.
"The results of the mission are good and that will be made clear once the report is made public," he said.
He clarified that the IAEA experts were invited by the Bulgarian government with the aim of receiving safety recommendations.
The International Atomic Energy Agency team recommended several improvements to Kozloduy. The recommendations include creating contingency plans for severe accidents.
The team has also "identified good practices used at the plant that will be shared by the IAEA with the nuclear industry worldwide."
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1