Restaurant of the Week: "Pri Yafata" Serves Traditional Dishes with Flair
Society | October 4, 2002, Friday // 00:00
This traditional tavern oozes "authentic old Bulgaria" right down to its "unique atmosphere" affording a dinner by a working fireplace. One of Sofia's most attractive taverns, Pri Yafata (Raiko Alexiev Str.: Iztok Quarter) serves regional dishes with flair. Salads (some of them hot), roasted meats and unique desserts round out the menu. The hit there is the Drugarska Mandzha, a dish that combines five different meats. If you look for something to remember from a visit to Bulgaria, Pri Yafata offers not only a touch but also a taste of authenticity serving buffalo cheese. Foreigners flock to that place for its dark, woody atmosphere, large portions, live gypsy music and moderate prices. Although sometimes the service may be slow, Pri Yafata is still an excellent choice for impressing out-of-towners.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 57 New Cases in the Last 24 Hours
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday