Bulgaria's Sofia Lights Christmas Tree
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will turn on the lights of its Christmas tree at 6:30 pm Friday with a special celebration for a fifth consecutive year.
The traditional Sofia Christmas pine tree, near the Rila Hotel in downtown Sofia, will be opened by Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The Christmas tree ceremony will be preceded by an open concert of dance and song groups, which starts at 5 pm on the specially-constructed stage in front of the hotel.
A festive antique tram car will bring participants in the happening from around Sofia.
The festivities include the show "Fire and Lights," staged by a local amateur troupe.
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » 146 000 Are the Working Pensioners in Bulgaria
- » The Number of Surgeries in Bulgaria is Growing
- » 41% of Bulgarians do not Trust NATO
- » Bulgarian Climber Atanas Skatov will Try to Climb Seventh Peak over 8000m
- » Survey: Almost 1.4 million People in the EU Will Become Cancer Victims in 2019