Bulgaria's Sofia Lights Christmas Tree
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will turn on the lights of its Christmas tree at 6:30 pm Friday with a special celebration for a fifth consecutive year.
The traditional Sofia Christmas pine tree, near the Rila Hotel in downtown Sofia, will be opened by Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The Christmas tree ceremony will be preceded by an open concert of dance and song groups, which starts at 5 pm on the specially-constructed stage in front of the hotel.
A festive antique tram car will bring participants in the happening from around Sofia.
The festivities include the show "Fire and Lights," staged by a local amateur troupe.
- » The EU Presidency has Led to a 21% Increase in Average Overnight Stays in 4 and 5-Star Hotels in Sofia
- » Sofia Hosts a Regional Conference on the Violence Against Children
- » Kubrat Pulev: The Sexual Harassment Course Is Influencing Me, Please Do Not Offend Sushe
- » Max Wright, Who Played the Father in the 80s Cult Sitcom Alf, Dies
- » The European Cybersecurity Act Enters into Force Today
- » Europe Is Preparing Itself for the Day of the Dreadful Heat