Bulgaria May Discover Oil, Gas near Svilengrad
There is a good chance of discovering oil and gas near the Bulgarian-Turkish border, according to Delyan Dobrev, Minister of Economy, Energy, and Tourism.
Oil and gas exploration activities have been launched near Svilengrad, but there is no accurate information about the capacity of the potential new deposits, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
"Even if the quantity of discovered gas is similar to the quantity of gas discovered at Deventsi or at Galata, this would still satisfy around 10% of the national consumption for a certain period of time. It is also important that this gas is significantly cheaper than imported alternatives and these gas concessions fetch huge revenues into state and municipal budgets" Dobrev commented.
It was announced that the exploration activities would first be conducted at Block 1-18 Trakia, which encompasses the municipalities of Svilengrad, Madzharovo, Harmanli, and Lyubimets.
The terrain is part of the so-called oil-gas basin on the territories of Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey, with 24 gas and 3 oil deposits already discovered in Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided