No Sign of Romanian Worker Who Fell off Danube Bridge 2
Bulgarian rescue teams have been searching in vain for a Romanian worker who fell off Danube Bridge 2 into the river and presumably drowned.
The Romanian national, whose name was not disclosed, has been employed by the Romanian subcontractor of Spanish FCC company, which was in charge of building the second bridge, linking the Bulgarian city of Vidin and the Romanian city of Calafat.
An ambulance was called out the location before 10 p.m., but doctors returned back to the town of Vidin without being able to get to the site and locate the missing man, authorities said.
The missing worker fell into the river while working on the bridge's platform down in the waters. He is believed to have bumped into the bridge's pylons and fallen into the waters.
The 2km Danube bridge is a key element of a European transport corridor connecting the German city of Dresden with Istanbul in Turkey.
The other bridge on the 610km Danube section of the Bulgarian-Romanian border, links Russe in Bulgaria and Giurgiu in Romania by road and rail.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 108 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas