Units 3, 4 of Kozloduy NPP Turn Radioactive Waste Management Facilities
Bulgaria's government declared Wednesday units 3 and 4 of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant radioactive waste management facilities.
The two units are to be managed by the State Enterprise 'Radioactive Waste' (SE-RAW) and their status changes from public state property to private state property, according to the press office of the government.
The decision is in line with the commitments made in connection with Bulgaria's accession to the EU for the shut-down and subsequent decommissioning of units 1 to 4 of the Kozloduy NPP.
The unification of the units shut down for decommissioning and their conversion into facilities to be managed by SE-RAW aims to optimize the overall process and to reduce expenses for the exploitation of the functioning units of the Kozloduy NPP.
The transfer of units 3 and 4 of the N-plant to SE-RAW aims to create conditions for observing safety standards and legal requirements.
According to the government's press release, SE-RAW is the sole holder of an exploitation license for radioactive waste management facilities, including at the Kozloduy NPP site.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant