Meager Turnout Mars Bulgarian Police Brutality Protest
Only about a dozen protesters showed up at what was supposed to be a merger protest rally against police brutality in Bulgaria's capital Sofia Sunday night.
The handful of protesters for the rally for which some 2 000 had signed up on Facebook were guarded by 5 police patrols.
The anti-police brutality rally was supposed to be a follow-up of the Anonymous protest organized in Sofia earlier this week, which surprisingly attracted several thousand protesters shouting government slogans and hurling pavestones at the Bulgarian Parliament building.
Sunday's failed rally especially intended to protest the arrest of a youngster at the Anonymous rally for allegedly breaking a window of the Parliament building on November 5.
According to the social media organizers of the rally, the protester in question was arrested unlawfully, and that we was arrested for protesting, while somebody else broke the Parliament's window.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Masks are like Condoms - they are Put On because they Work
- » Bulgarian Doctor: A Peak of Cardiovascular Diseases Awaits Us
- » Bulgaria: A Bus Incident near Ruse - 10 people Injured
- » European Green Certificates for Completed Vaccination Course will be Valid for 270 days
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Over 80% of Patients in Sofia are with Omicron, in the Country – 40%
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: When will the Green Certificate Fall