Turkey's Special Forces Strike PKK in Iraqi Kurdistan
Turkish special forces have conducted a cross-border ground raid on suspected bases of the separatist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in northern Iraq.
The Turkish military command has so far given no official comment on the results of the operation in Iraqi Kurdistan but it has been reported by Turkish media.
CNN Turk said the Turkish Air Force struck targets in northern Iraq prior to the ground operation.
According to the Hurriyet newspaper, the operation was carried out by two battalions of Turkish Special Forces Command, known as the Maroon Berets, who penetrated up to 5 km (3 miles) into Iraqi territory.
The troops returned to Turkey with support from the Turkish Air Force, the paper said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Liz Truss's Conservative Government takes U-turns on plan to scrap 45p Tax Rate
- » Inflation in Turkey exceeded 83%
- » Day 222 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Breakthrough in Kherson, Both Sides accuse each other of Shelling
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories