Obama Called Bill Clinton First after Clinching Victory
Former President Bill Clinton was the first person President Obama called after receiving the call from Mitt Romney conceding the 2012 presidential election, Fox News has learned.
According to the report there were just four people in the room when Obama received the call from Romney: the president, campaign manager Jim Messina and senior advisers David Axelrod and David Plouffe.
The President expressed satisfaction that it was a "very classy" gesture in terms of how Romney handled the call.
Obama then hung up the phone and immediately dialed Clinton to thank him for his work on the president' re-election campaign.
Clinton and Obama are now the last two Democrats to win two terms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US Warned of the Danger of "Imminent" Terror Attacks in Istanbul
- » The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Iran Suspends its Work
- » Dozens Killed and Injured after an Explosion in a Pakistani Mosque
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Day 341 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Boris Johnson with a Missile (UPDATED)