French Firm Interested in Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport Concession
A large French construction company has shown interest in the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport in Central Northern Bulgaria.
According to reports of business portal econ.bg, the French firm has declared its interest in the concession deal to Bulgaria's Transport Ministry and has already filed the necessary documents.
The company intends to carry out runway rehabilitation, mount new equipment, and build a special VIP terminal.
The plan also involves the establishment of a technical center for private jets of the types Cessna, Embraer, and Bombardier, and a private school offering pilot training and skydiving instruction.
The French company owns a private jet fleet including Cessna Citation 500, Embraer 100, and Embraer 145 aircraft.
The construction company also owns shares in a company selling private jets.
The French firm recently showed interest in the Stara Zagora Airport in southern Bulgaria.
The Stara Zagora Airport is in critical condition and requires an investment of EUR 50 M, according to calculations, compared to EUR 4 M for the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport.
The Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport spans a total of 2 115 405 square meters located in the Ashova area.
The buildings, facilities, and equipment built and mounted by the concessionaire will be completed at the concessionaire's expense and risk.
The concession will be granted for a period of 35 years.
The potential concessionaire must meet the criteria under Art. 26, para. 1 of Bulgaria's Concessions Act to have a registered fixed capital of no less than EUR 1 M and an asset value of no less than EUR 5 M reported on the balance sheet.
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Insists on 50% Increase in Finances for Advertising
- » Greece Has Granted a Gas Interconnector License to Bulgaria
- » National Tourism Council Will Meet in "Golden Sands"
- » Vivacom Filed a Complaint Against Apple in Bulgaria's Commission for the Protection of Competition
- » Plovdiv Entreprenuer Plans a 90-meter Skyscraper in Sofia
- » Heavy Traffic at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint