Bulgarians Commemorate Archangel's All Souls' Day
Bulgarian Orthodox Christians are commemorating Saturday their dead in one of the four great feasts devoted to the departed.
Known as All Souls' Days, those are the days that Orthodox Christians participate in ceremonies remembering the dead, and giving gifts.
Archangel's All Souls' Day falls on the Saturday before the Feast of Archangel Michael, November 8.
It is also dubbed "Great All Souls' Day," and recalls the care taken by angels for the souls of the departed.
In Bulgaria, it is also especially devoted to the souls of fallen warriors and all those who died for the good of the country.
At the Military Cemetary in Sofia, Bulgarian Ministry of Defense Gen Anyu Angelov and Chief of Staff Gen Simeon Simeonov will take part in a special serivce.
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare