Southern Bulgaria under Code Orange over Downpours
Code orange has been declared Thursday in four regions in southern Bulgaria due to heavy downpours, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, has announced.
The code is effective for the regions of Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Kardzhali and Haskovo. In the last two, the rain will be accompanied with strong winds.
Code yellow is declared for 11 regions in central and eastern Bulgaria – Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Sliven and Yambol.
A rainfall of between 30 and 50 liters per square kilometer is expected in southern Bulgaria, particularly in locations in the mountains of Rila and the Rhodoppe.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City