Bulgarian PM Axes Official for Insulting Police-Harassed Man
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has ordered the dismissal of Kalina Pencheva, spokesperson of the police in the city of Varna, for insulting a citizen allegedly harassed by the police.
In July, Varna man Boyan Maximov took a picture of 3 police officers, apparently asleep in the patrol car, and spread it on social networks and later on TV, in what he says was a protest against the laziness and the incompetence of Bulgarian police.
As a result, Maximov was reportedly harassed by police authorities. , with police constantly stopping him and fining him on petty grounds such as not carrying an ID card when taking the trash out or walking his dog without a leash.
Earlier this week, Varna police spokesperson Kalina Pencheva commented on the case, telling the Btv private channel that Maximov is "an idiot; a red neck idiot, who has nothing to do and is bored." Her comment stirred outrage in local media and on Facebook, prompting Borisov to demand her dismissal.
Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has already launched disciplinary proceedings against Pencheva for tarnishing the police's image.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros