Bulgarian Govt Orders Mass Inspection of Power Substations
Bulgarian Economy and Energy Minister Delyan Dobrev has ordered all power distribution companies to inspect the condition of their electrical substations located in residential buildings.
Dobrev’s order comes in the aftermath of Tuesday’s dangerous accident in which a power substation exploded in a residential building in Bulgaria's Burgas, severely damaging several apartments.
The Minister has refused to comment on the accident in question, saying he would wait for the conclusions of the expert teams currently examining it.
Employees of the EVN power distribution company replaced a safety fuse in a Burgas electrical substation around 1:11 am on Tuesday, as EVN had received a call from local residents that smoke was coming out of it.
The substation exploded soon after the employees left. The blast slightly injured two children and their father. Many residents of the affected building had already left it, presumably saving their lives.
Fortunately, the accident did not result in any casualties.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 162 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia