EVN Bulgaria to Investigate Power Substation Explosion
EVN Bulgaria will carry out two separate expert examinations of the electrical substation that exploded in a residential building in Bulgaria's Burgas, severely damaging several apartments.
One team of Austrian experts and one team of Bulgarian experts will examine the causes for Tuesday's accident, the company.
EVN Bulgaria has pointed out that the accident is unprecedented in its history.
Burgas municipal authorities have already launched an investigation.
EVN employees replaced a safety fuse in a Burgas electrical substation around 1:11 am, as EVN had received a call from local residents that smoke was coming out of it.
The substation exploded soon after the employees left. The blast slightly injured two children and their father. Many residents of the affected building had already left it, presumably saving their lives, according to local media.
Several nearby shops have been completely destroyed. Fortunately, the accident did not result in any casualties.
EVN has promised to compensate the citizens whose apartments were severely damaged in the explosion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 685 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Events: Interfood & Drink Expo in Sofia, Bulgaria with significant Italian presence
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 721 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: What are the Versions about the Explosion at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory
- » Bulgaria: More Free Wi-Fi Zones in Sofia’s Parks
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 1,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours