Bulgarian Tourists Stranded in Spain to Return Monday
The Bulgarian tourists currently stranded in a Spanish hotel are to return to their home country on Monday, authorities have stated.
A total of 88 Bulgarians are left without transportation and stranded in the lobby of a hotel in the Marbella beach resort in southern Spain, bTV reported earlier on Sunday. 20 of the tourists are handicapped.
They travelled there under the program Golden Spain, which offers preferential off-season prices for people over the age of 55.
The tourists were scheduled to leave Saturday after a week-long vacation, organized by the On Travel Company, only to be told they could not provide a return trip home.
The Bulgarian Embassy in Spain has now told the Bulgarian National Radio that the tourists are expected to travel back to Bulgaria on Monday. The Embassy will also bring food and water to the stranded Bulgarians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Earthquake in Bulgaria with a Magnitude above 4.5
- » Bulgaria: 44% Increase in Water Bills is expected in Sofia Region
- » A Bulgarian was found Stabbed in the center of Athens
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases in the Last 24 hours