Bulgarian Woman Dies in Care of Reportedly Drunken Doctor
A 35-year-old woman from Bulgaria's western city of Pernik has died in the hospital in the town of Dupnitsa after being admitted by a doctor on duty, who had nearly 2.5 per mills of alcohol blood-level.
The woman has been taken to the St Ivan Rilski hospital by relatives, who upon seeing the doctor became suspicious he was drunken and called the police for assistance.
The test showed the above alcohol content.
Meanwhile, colleagues have insisted that the said doctor never used alcohol and did not smoke.
The woman is from the Roma minority and did not have health insurance, it also emerged. The body has been sent for autopsy.
She had been a coma for 5 days before being taken to the hospital, the news agency BGNES informs.
Pre-trail proceedings for reckless murder committed by an unknown perpetrator have been launched on charges the patient had not been taken care of accordingly, the Kyustendil police informs Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Refused to Supply the Fifth Approved COVID Vaccine
- » The Disney + Streaming Service Launches in Bulgaria in the Summer of 2022
- » Dr. Simidchiev: At Least 2/3 of Bulgarians are Against the Measures but They Risk Severe Illness
- » Bulgarian Doctor: This is Not a Wave, this is a Tsunami, we have Too Many Patients
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 5°C and 10°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Victims of the Virus have Exceeded 33,000