World Famous Kabaivanska Teaches Master Class in Bulgaria
Society | September 28, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
Renowned opera singer Raina Kabaivanska will teach a master class at New Bulgarian University from October 12 till October 22. On October 24th she will have a concert in Hall Bulgaria with Sofia philharmonic orchestra accompaniment. The singer founded in 1990 foundation "Raina Kabaivanska" that helps talented children. Raina Kabaivanska was born in Burgas and completed her vocal and piano studies at the Conservatory in Sofia. In 1958 she moved to Italy and developed further her tecхnique with Zita Fumagalli. She started her brilliant career with her debut at La Scala in 1961 and since then has sung in famous theatres worldwide: Paris, Venice, Naples, Moscow, San Francisco, Philadelphia, New York, Salzburg, Munich, Hamburg, Budapest, Sofia. Her long career has brought her many awards: the Premio Bellini (1965) for her interpretation of Beatrice di Tenda, the Viotti d'oro (1970), the Premio Puccini (1978), the Premio Illica (1979), Premio Monteverdi (1980) and the Premio Lorenzo il Magnifico from the Medici Academy for the Arts in Florence (1990). She is renowned for her interpretations of Tosca, Manon, Francesca da Rimini and Madame Butterfly, which has led her to be named The Heroine of Melodramma.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office Terminated the Investigation against the former Minister of Health
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Survey: Over 40% of Bulgarians do not Believe in Hell and Heaven
- » Bulgaria’s Health Authorities: We do not have an Emergency with Chicken Pox and Scarlet Fever
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 31 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring comes just before Midnight