Light Quake Registered in Bulgaria's Borovets Resort
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.4 points on the Richter scale has been registered in Bulgaria's upscale winter resort Borovets early on Friday.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake struck at 3:30 am at a depth of 50 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage.
Borovets is located seventy kilometers south of the capital Sofia.
- » NIMH: Code Yellow and Code Orange Warning for Dangerous Weather in Place in 16 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy with Rain or Snow
- » Weather Foreast: Mostly Cloudy with Rain
- » 6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time