Nuclear Iran Threatens Israel's Existence, Obama Tells UN
A nuclear-armed Iran would threaten Israel's existence, the security of the Persian Gulf nations, and global economic stability, US President Barack Obama has told UN General Assembly.
"We respect the right of nations to access peaceful nuclear power. But one of the purposes of the United Nations is to see that we harness that power for peace," Obama told UN delegates.
"Make no mistake: A nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained," the US President warned the UN General Assembly, as cited by international media.
Obama also told the world leaders present at the UN that "the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon."
Obama's comments came just a day after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made fresh incendiary statements concerning Israel, saying it has "no roots" in the Middle East.
Ahmadinejad is set to address the UN General Assembly on Wednesday. Iran has insisted its nuclear program is strictly for peaceful purposes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start