Bulgarian Supreme Magistrates Nominate Constitutional Court Judge
Judges from Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) and the Supreme Administrative Court (VAS) have selected Georgi Angelov as their their representative at the Constitutional Court (KS).
Georgi Angelov, a judge at VAS, won a runoff with Emanuela Balevska from VKS Monday afternoon with 82 to 77 votes.
A total of 166 ballots were cast at the runoff, 159 of which were valid.
At the first round of voting held earlier on Monday, Balevska was backed by 49 votes and Georgi Angelov received 38 votes in his favor.
A total of 169 ballots were cast at the first round for five nominees, including three magistrates from VKS (Teodora Stambolova, Emanuela Balevska, Simeon Chanachev) and two from VAS (Georgi Angelov, Veselina Teneva).
The Supreme Court magistrates had to select their representative nominate their representative at the Constitutional Court (KS) to replace Vladislav Slavov, whose 9-year term in office expires on October 14.
Slavov has also been nominated for a member of the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) from the parliamentary quota.
The 11 members of the new Supreme Judicial Council panel from the parliamentary quota are to be elected Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Still Warm and Quiet
- » PM Borissov LIVE: Compromise Will Be Made Only to Education
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Quiet
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun Breaks Through Clouds, Gets Warmer
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow Warning for Freezing Cold
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending