Bulgaria Concludes Clean-up of Blasted Ammo Depot
The mass clean-up effort at a blasted ammo depot in southeastern Bulgaria has been finally conluded.
The clean-up was launched several days after the explosion, which took place on June 5.
The clean-up operation was carried out in an area exceeding 7 400 acres, the Bulgarian National Radio has informed.
On June 5, a series of explosions occurred at a private-owned ammo site near the Petolachkata road junction close to Sliven.
Three of the ammunition depot's employees were killed in the accident.
The depot is owned by the Bereta Trading company.
- » 6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » The 2020 Earth Hour will be Marked Online due the Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy
- » Code Yellow Warning for Rough Seas