First Members of Bulgaria's New Judicial Council to Be Elected
The first members in the new composition of Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council are set to be elected Saturday.
At 9 am Saturday started the delegate sitting of Bulgaria's judges, who are to elect 6 of the judicial supervisory body's 25 members.
19 judges are running for Saturday's election.
Some NGOs such as the Bulgarian Helsinki Committee warned that the vote might be rigged, based on what they said were signals by judges.
Next week, representatives of prosecutors and investigators are set to be elected to the Supreme Judicial Council.
The Bulgarian Parliament also has its quota in the body; Tuesday a public hearing was conducted in Parliament of the candidates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend