Vessels Blocked in Bulgarian Danube Due to Low Water
Over 40 river vessels have been blocked in the Bulgarian Danube port of Svishtov due to excessively low water levels in the end of summer.
Bulgaria's agency for maintenance of the river has warned that in the future weeks, ship traffic might have to be completely suspended.
There are 29 shallows in the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube river, with some of them becoming dangerous following dropped river levels due to little summer rain.
Many vessels have been also halted at the port of Ruse further downstream.
For 2011, losses from 4 summer months of low waters on the danube are estimated to reach above BGN 3 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia