Bulgarian Socialist MEPs Take Agri Ministry to OLAF
The Members of the European Parliament from the opposition left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, will inform the EU anti-fraud office OLAF about the abuse of EU funds by the Agriculture Ministry.
The announcement was made Sunday by BSP MEP, Iliyana Yotova, speaking for the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR.
The Bulgarian Sega (Now) daily conducted an investigative report in the Ministry's public tender for advertising the EU Program for Rural Development on social networks for the amount of BGN 47 000.
The winning bidder is the K M Kom, a company of two very young former PR female employees of the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency, Kristina Spasova and Lora Dimitrova. The company was registered on September 26 2011, the day Spasova left the Agency, which is less than 3 months before the launch of the tender as the law requires.
Yotova is adamant this is abuse of EU funds that must be referred to OLAF and an example of the unclear spending of these funds by the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB.
She further blasted the entire GERB policy in the EP regarding funds for the next program period, with the stated priorities being "chaotic and obsolete."
"Until now, the Bulgarian government has not directed the country's MEPs towards a position they must maintain. It is both ridiculous and sad to watch how all others have the clear position of their governments and fight at meetings for every penny while with us everyone is pushing for party interests. It is, for example, anti-social to not ask money for healthcare. They either lack experts, or administration, or this is simply the extent of their capacity," the MEP concluded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria