Thank You, Ecuador, for Defending Freedom!
- the whistleblower leaking thousands of secret US documents, exposing dirty political deals, secret agreements, and embarrassing truths – including about the "dark past" of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov!
Assange has been hiding for months in Ecuador's Embassy in London from the British police that seeks to extradite him to Sweden over dubious sexual assault charges.
(Remember former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn's trial for the "rape" of a lying hotel maid that cost him his political career!)
From Sweden, Assange might be deported to the USA where he might face death penalty over espionage charges.
It's perfectly logical for the USA to try to sentence the man who leaked their state secrets. But for better or worse there are countries resisting US hegemony – however demonized their "club" might be by Western media. Sometimes it is these regimes that accidentally defend true Western values.
This is true of Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa's brave decision to shelter Assange – a minor South American nation defended world freedom!
...and if the UK storms Ecuador's Embassy and deports Assange that will be the exact opposite!
- » Reuters: Bulgaria will take at least Three more Years to Join Euro Zone - EU's Dombrovskis
- » Industry Watch: Although Investments in Bulgaria are Increasing, after 2009 the Investment Activity is Weak
- » Amid Brexit and Rising Populism — There’s a European Country that’s Still Desperate to Join the Euro
- » What is the Origin of the Weirdest Bulgarian Expressions
- » Die Welt: The Italian Mafia Returns to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Politico: Europe fakes Turkish delight