Divisive New Sofia Parking Rules Enter into Force
The controversial new parking rules in the Bulgarian capital Sofia that expand paid parking enter into force as of Saturday, September 1.
The paid "Blue Zone" in the center of the city is expanded in area, and the parking fee there is increased to BGN 2 per hour.
A new "Green Zone" is introduced in surrounding central areas, with parking there at BGN 1 per hour.
The action of the Blue Zone will be furthermore extended to half of Saturdays, from 8 am to 2 pm.
The new ordinance of Sofia Municipality provoked the outrage of hundreds, who came out to protest what they saw as an iniquitous move against drivers in a city that does not have sufficient parking lots.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Thirds of People with Omicron have been Infected with COVID-19 Before
- » Almost All of Bulgaria is in the Dark Red COVID Zone
- » Bulgaria: New Amendments could Equate the Birth Certificate with the ID Card
- » Over 55% of Sequenced Samples in Bulgaria are from Omicron
- » Sofia: How Warm is it in Electric Buses during Winter
- » Bulgarian Immunologist: The only Salvation against Covid is to be Immunized Every Year