Bulgaria Ready for Schengen Entry, Barroso Claims
Bulgaria meets the necessary criteria to join the Schengen Agreement, according to European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.
According to the EC President, the Schengen issue should be decided in favor of Bulgaria.
During a visit to Sofia on Friday, Barroso told reporters that the Balkan country still has to improve its EU funds absorption and its combat against organized crime and corruption.
The election of Bulgaria's next Supreme Judicial Council and Chief Prosecutor will be crucial for the country's development, he also said.
"Each time I arrive in Bulgaria, I am impressed with the dynamic progress," Barroso stated.
The European Union has financed 50% of the project, paying a total of EUR 476 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria