Turkish Student Falls Off Building in Bulgaria, Dies
A 20-year-old woman, a Turkish citizen, has died after falling from a building in the Studentski Grad quarter in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The incident occurred Wednesday afternoon in building 8 in Studentski Grad ("Students' Town"), the quarter that hosts the dormitories of all universities in Sofia.
The girl was a sophomore at the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski". Her family arrived from the southern Bulgarian city of Kardzhali in Sofia Wednesday night without being aware of any details on the incident, BGNES reported.
The students living the dorm, who come mostly from Russia, Turkey, Greece, and Spain, told the police they did not hear any screaming or other noise from the room of the Turkish girl.
The Sofia police are investigating a possible suicide or a murder as it is unclear whether the girl might have been pushed off her room window.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 19 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours