Terror Victims Memorial to Be Built at Burgas Airport
A memorial in honor of the victims of the Burgas bus bombing victims will be placed at the Bulgarian Black Sea city's airport, it has been announced.
The memorial will be located near the place where an alleged suicide bomber killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver on July 18.
It will be ready by the end of 2012, Burgas Mayor Dimitar Nikolov has told the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
On Wednesday, Nikolov met with the relatives of the Isreali victims. They had travelled to the Bulgarian city to lay wreaths at the site of the tragedy.
The relatives have told the Mayor that they would return to Burgas each year from now on to pay tribute for the victims.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Droughts alone could cost 1% of GDP in Central Eastern Europe in Coming Years
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 769 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Archaeological Excavations of a Medieval Monastery in Ahtopol