Stallone's Half-Sister Dies of Lung Cancer at 48
Sylvester Stallone's half-sister Toni Ann Filiti lost her battle with cancer and died on Sunday at 48, the family confirmed.
The news comes not long after Sylvester Stallone's son Sage passed away aged 36.
Toni, who was Sylvester's half-sister, was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year, but was thought to be recovering well at the home of Sylvester's mother Jackie Stallone.
However, she has now confirmed to the New York Daily News that the disease spread to her brain and led to her death on Sunday.
She said: "I was holding her in my arms. I had just washed [her] face and told her how pretty she looked, and she just fell asleep.
"She's too young to go, but she wasn't feeling any pain. What a terrible month. First Sage and now Toni," Jackie said. "It's hard. At least they're together now in heaven."
She added: "[Sylvester] said he can't take any more pain. He said he'll always be there for [Toni's] son."
Filiti had been in a local hospital recently but moved home for her final days.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76