Bulgarian-Shot 'Expendables 2' Stays on Top of NA Box Office
"The Expendables 2", an action movie shot primarily in Bulgaria, held onto the top rung of the North American (US and Canadian) box office for a second weekend.
The movie, which starts old-school action heroes Sylvester Stallone, Jean Claude Van-Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Chuck Norris, among others, gathered USD 13.5 M a week after its debut.
The movie has pulled in a total of USD 52.3 M during two weekends in theaters.
"The Expendables 2" was released across Europe on August 16, 2012, followed by a North American release on August 17.
"The Bourne Legacy," landed in the second spot with USD 9.3 M at North American theaters during its third weekend. "ParaNorman" grabbed the third place with USD 8.6 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgarians honor the Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia
- » Bulgaria celebrates 138 years since its Unification
- » Bulgaria: 140 Publishers will attend the Book Alley event in Sofia
- » More than 3,500 Folk Performers from Bulgaria and abroad participate in the festival in Nedelino
- » Indian Summer Exhibition: Art from my Travels