Strong Quake Jolts El Salvador, Tsunami Warning Canceled
A powerful earthquake measuring 7.4 on the Richter scale shook El Salvador's coast on Monday, briefly prompting a tsunami warning.
The quake struck late on Sunday local time, some 111 km (68 miles) offshore, according to the US Geological Survey.
Initial reports said it caused no major damage or casualties.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued and subsequently cancelled its tsunami alert for El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama and Mexico.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center initially said that the earthquake had spawned a potentially destructive tsunami. However, later reports said the tsunami was much smaller than initially projected, international media inform.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Scholz: Russia will Not Win its War in Ukraine
- » Day 92 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia Attacked 40 Cities in Donbas, Kyiv Criticizes NATO
- » Poroshenko urges Bulgaria to Close Ports for Russian Ships and Calls for Arbitration over Gazprom
- » Latvia: If Ukraine Loses, We are Next
- » Ukraine will Not Make Territorial Concessions in the Name of Peace with Russia
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions