Michael Phelps Might be Deprived of London 2012 Medals
Star US swimmer Michael Phelps might have his 6 medals from the London 2012 Summer Olympics taken away for having participated in a commercial photo shoot.
Recently Phelps took part in a photo session for a French fashion house, reports the Echo of Moscow radio.
But olympic athletes do not have the right to participate in advertising campaigns relating to the Olympics before August 15.
The penalty is either a hefty fine or a cancellation of the medals received.
At London 2012, the swimmer extraordinaire, who is also the most decorated olympic athlete ever, won four gold and two silver medals.
- » Bulgarian Paralympians Win 3 Medals in London
- » Bulgaria Grabs 3rd Paralympics Medal
- » Bulgaria Grabs First Paralympics 2012 Medal
- » London 2012 Organizers Auction Off Bulgaria's Olympic Flag
- » BOC Head Judges Bulgarian Olympic Performance 'Very Weak'
- » Bulgaria's Sports Minister Denies 'Olympic Failure'