Sofia Named World's 87th Most Livable City
Bulgaria's capital Sofia has been ranked 87th out of 140 cities from all over the world in the Economist Intelligence Unit's 2012 Global Liveability Survey.
In the report, cities are scored up to 100 on their political stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure.
With a score of 70.5, Sofia is one spot ahead of Dubai and one behind Doha.
With Vancouver slipping down the ranking slightly in 2011, Melbourne remains the most liveable location of the 140 cities surveyed with an overall rating of 97.5, followed by the Austrian capital, Vienna.
London is 55th, New York is 56th, Moscow is 70th and Beijing is 72nd.
Rio de Janeiro, the next host of the Olympics, shares the 92nd position with Johannesburg.
Lagos, Port Moresby and Dhaka occupy the last three spots, the lowest score being the Bangladeshi capital's 38.7.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August