Chinese Navy Wraps Up First Bulgarian Port Visit
The missile frigate Yantai of the Navy of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) has wrapped up its first visit to Bulgaria.
The first Chinese naval vessel to visit a Bulgarian port has left the Black Sea Port Varna, the PLA Daily announced Monday.
The report cites Avgustina Tsvetkova, Bulgarian Deputy Defense Minister, who spoke highly of the visit of the Chinese warship at a reception held on the Yantai frigate.
Tsvetkova stated that the first visit of the Chinese warship to Bulgaria has "far-reaching significance in further consolidating and developing the relations between the two countries and their militaries."
The frigate, one of the warships in the 11th Chinese naval escort taskforce of the PLA Navy which had just completed the escort missions in the Gulf of Aden and the waters off Somali coast, arrived in the Port of Varna on August 5.
This is the first visit of the Chinese naval warship to Bulgaria not only since the establishment of diplomatic relations between Bulgaria and the PRC 63 years ago, but also in Bulgaria's 14-century history and in China's several thousand-year history.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command
- » Bulgarian Military Contingent to Take Part in Resolute Support NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Eight Su-25 Aircraft in Fighting Trim at Bezmer Base
- » Balkans and Black Sea in Focus of Massive US European Defender Military Exercise
- » Bulgarian Pilots Will Be Trained in US to Operate F-16 Fighter Jets
- » Bulgarian Task Forces Will Have New Combat Vehicles