5 Tonnes of Nitric Acid Leak in SW Bulgaria
An incident has caused 5 tonnes of corrosive nitric acid to leak nearby southwestern Bulgarian town of Petrich Satruday.
A 5-tonne stationary container burst, causing almost the entire content to leak out.
Local residents saw flames and fumes rising, which nevertheless quickly subsided.
The cystern is located just next to Petrich's greenhouses, but its elevation is lower than that of the agricultural facilities, decreasing hazards of poisoning the soil.
According to reports, a firefighter has slightly suffered from inhaling gases during the managing of the incident.
Presently there are no hazards for the health of the local population and the quality of vegetables grown in the greenhouses, stated a local police spokesperson.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A 21-year-old Girl from Sofia was found Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 22 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » A Quarter of Bulgarians are ready to Emigrate
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 38 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 10 Regions Today: Temperatures Drop to Minus 15° in the Coming Days