Bulgarian President Flying Back and Forth to London (Olympics)
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is flying back to the UK capital on Wednesday even though he already made a visit to London at the onset of the 2012 Olympics.
On August 9, Plevneliev will have a meeting with CEOs of financial institutions which is organized by the Lord Mayor of the City of London David Wooten, the Bulgarian Presidency announced Wednesday, adding that the meeting will focus on the economic situation in Europe, the future of the euro zone, and the potential tax on financial transactions in the EU.
Bulgaria's President will also visit the Tech City UK hi-tech cluster, and will have a meeting with UK Foreign Secretary William Hague.
Plevneliev will be with the Bulgarian Olympic athletes for a reception hosted by the Bulgarian Olympic Committee.
The Bulgarian Head of State will watch the Track and Field and Rhythmic Gymnastics events and will be present for the performance of Bulgaria's female wrestler and biggest hope for gold, Stanka Zlateva, and of marathon swimmer, Petar Stoychev.
The President will also attend the official closing ceremony of the Games, and the reception hosted by UK PM David Cameron on August 12.
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Consistently Supported NATO European and Euro-Atlantic Prospects
- » President Radev Discussed Bulgaria's Bid to Join the Euro Area with BNB Governor
- » MEPs Approve the Free Trade Deal between EU and Vietnam
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria and US are Allies and Strategic Partners
- » A Senior US Politician Arrived in Bulgaria to Meet with the Government
- » The President: The Cooperation between Bulgaria and Japan Should Focus on Science, Innovations and the Potential of Young People