Bulgaria-Educated Syrian Director Murdered in Damascus
Syrian director Bassam Mohieddine, who was educated in Bulgaria, has been murdered during the continuing civil strife in his country.
Bassam Mohieddine was killed on Sunday in a Damascus suburb that the army of the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad took over from the rebels, the Syrian National Institute announced in a communique Wednesday, as cited by BGNES.
Mohieddine comes from Syria's Alawite minority, to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad also belongs, while the majority of the Syrians and the Syrian rebels are Sunni Muslims, international media point out.
Bassam Mohieddine, who was born in 1955 in Tartus, is a graduate of Bulgaria's National Academy for Theater and Film Arts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home
- » Ceasefire: Nagorno-Karabakh Forces Surrendered to the Azeris