Fire Causes Large Damage in Top Bulgarian Beach Resort
An overnight blaze burned out and totaled a bar in Bulgaria's popular beach resort Golden Sands, near the Black Sea city of Varna.
The flames spread to the nearby stores and destroyed them as well. The damage is deemed extensive.
Varna Municipal Councilor, Blagomira Alexandrova, has become an eyewitness of the incident. Alexandrova, cited by Varna-based media, says that it took the firefighters hours to find water; the organization is assessed by her as poor while the attitude of police officers "disgusting."
Despite the huge damage, there are no reported fatalities or injuries.
The fire started at the entirely wooden bar "Burlesque" before spreading to the nearby buildings. The cause is under investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global COVID-19 Cases Near 43 Million
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 327 New Cases, 2036 in Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Celebrates St Dimitar Day and the Beggining of Winter
- » Italy: Second Night of Riots Against COVID-19 Restrictions Imposed by the Government
- » COVID-19: Bulgarian Prototype Vaccine Ready by the End of 2020
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1043 Registered Cases, 130 Cured