Bulgaria's Ludogorets out of Champions League after Zagreb Drama
Domagoj Vida scored eight minutes into added time to hand Dinamo Zagreb a dramatic 3-2 win over Bulgarian champions Ludogorets at Maksimir on Wednesday.
Vida's last minute winner saved the Croatian side from a shocking defeat, as it scraped through with 4-3 on aggregate.
A spirited attacking display from the Bulgarian visitors helped them twice take the lead, through Emil Gargorov and Marcelinho. However, Ante Rukavina cancelled out both goals.
Marcelinho was sent off in the 57th minute after collecting his second booking for simulation, the result being 2-1 for the away team at that point.
Struggling with a man down, the surprising Bulgarian champions looked set to progress until Vida's goal well into stoppage time.
Dinamo is to play Moldova's FC Sheriff in the third qualifying round.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out of the Australian Open after a Tough Game
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a Marriage Proposal after his Big Win at the Australian Open
- » Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament
- » Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Play in Bulgaria at the Sofia Open 2020
- » Vladimir Iliev is the Athlete of the Year