Bulgaria's Ludogorets out of Champions League after Zagreb Drama
Domagoj Vida scored eight minutes into added time to hand Dinamo Zagreb a dramatic 3-2 win over Bulgarian champions Ludogorets at Maksimir on Wednesday.
Vida's last minute winner saved the Croatian side from a shocking defeat, as it scraped through with 4-3 on aggregate.
A spirited attacking display from the Bulgarian visitors helped them twice take the lead, through Emil Gargorov and Marcelinho. However, Ante Rukavina cancelled out both goals.
Marcelinho was sent off in the 57th minute after collecting his second booking for simulation, the result being 2-1 for the away team at that point.
Struggling with a man down, the surprising Bulgarian champions looked set to progress until Vida's goal well into stoppage time.
Dinamo is to play Moldova's FC Sheriff in the third qualifying round.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020
- » Kiril Despodov Received the Prize for Bulgaria's No. 1 Footballer for the 2018th