Director at Bulgarian Pharma Co Charged with Tax Evasion
Bulgarian pharmaceutical company Sopharma's financial director Boris Borisov has been charged with tax evasion amounting to BGN 15 M.
Monday Borisov was questioned at Bulgaria's National Bureau of Investigation, and has been released on a BGN 100,000 bail.
Apart from Borisov, Sopharma's executive director Ognyan Donev has also fallen under the hits of the prosecution on charges he says are completely fabricated.
Donev is charged with tax crimes and money laundering and is on a BGN 500,000.
Together with an associate, the Sopharma CEO owns Trud and 24 Chasa, two of Bulgaria's most influential daily newspapers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister Petkov to Alert Prosecution Office about Ministerial Complex Project
- » Germany and US announce Deal to Allow Completion of Nord Stream 2
- » Bulgaria: National Recovery and Resilience Plan - What to Expect?
- » Tourism Industry Fears Decline in Number of Tourists in August
- » Construction of Balkans' Longest Tunnel between Sofia and Burgas Starts in Bulgaria
- » Hyundai Ranked 7th in US Brand Loyalty Survey, Lexus is First