Arab League Calls on Assad to Step Down
The Arab League has called Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad to step down and a national unity government to be formed.
This is, according to the organization, the only way to stop escalating violence with rebel forces in the country.
Monday world agencies report that heavy fighting is going on in capital Damascus and largest city of Aleppo, which are Assad strongholds.
"The Syrian opposition must form a transitional govenrment of national unity," sated Qatar's PM Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani after the Arab League meeting early Monday.
Meanwhile, the USA and Israel have steeped up rhetoric agaisnt the Assad regime, claiming it owns chemical weapons that it can hand down to Hezbollah.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 213 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums Continue for a Second Day in the Russian-Occupied Regions
- » UN: War Crimes were Committed in Ukraine during the Conflict with Russia
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » Day 212 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums on Joining Russia have started in 4 Ukrainian Regions
- » Russia Banned the Bulgarian Language in Occupied Ukraine
- » Day 211 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The World Reacts to Putin’s Mobilization