Police Bust Balkan Human Trafficking Ring
Police officers from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia have busted a crime ring specialized in human trafficking, arresting 18 on suspicions of smuggling Turkish citizens into EU countries.
The crime group consisted of Albanians, Bosnians, Croats, Slovenes and Turkish people.
The crime ring is believed to have smuggled at least 100 Turkish nationals into the EU, thereby pocketing over EUR 200 000, according to Croatian news agency HINA.
The international police operation started in October 2011 and ended with a spate of arrests in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia.
The mastermind of the crime ring, a Croat, was also arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Urgent Warning: US Funds for Ukraine Depleting Rapidly
- » Essequibo Referendum: Venezuela's Landslide Vote Stuns Guyana and World
- » MEPs Rally in Vienna Against Austria's Schengen Block on Bulgaria and Romania
- » Day 649 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Klitschko Criticized Zelensky, Called for Honesty on the Situation in the Country
- » Bulgaria's Air Schengen Inclusion Nears Amid Constitutional Changes
- » At Least 11 Tourists Died after a Volcano Erupted in Indonesia