Police Bust Balkan Human Trafficking Ring
Police officers from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia have busted a crime ring specialized in human trafficking, arresting 18 on suspicions of smuggling Turkish citizens into EU countries.
The crime group consisted of Albanians, Bosnians, Croats, Slovenes and Turkish people.
The crime ring is believed to have smuggled at least 100 Turkish nationals into the EU, thereby pocketing over EUR 200 000, according to Croatian news agency HINA.
The international police operation started in October 2011 and ended with a spate of arrests in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia.
The mastermind of the crime ring, a Croat, was also arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Due to Good Economic Results, the EU will reduce the Recovery Plan for Bulgaria by a Billion EUR
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine