Police Bust Balkan Human Trafficking Ring
Police officers from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia have busted a crime ring specialized in human trafficking, arresting 18 on suspicions of smuggling Turkish citizens into EU countries.
The crime group consisted of Albanians, Bosnians, Croats, Slovenes and Turkish people.
The crime ring is believed to have smuggled at least 100 Turkish nationals into the EU, thereby pocketing over EUR 200 000, according to Croatian news agency HINA.
The international police operation started in October 2011 and ended with a spate of arrests in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia.
The mastermind of the crime ring, a Croat, was also arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria officially said "No" to Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen
- » Rutte: Next year, Bulgaria can take Steps Forward on its way to Schengen
- » Day 286 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Third Russian base hit within 24 hours, this time in Kursk
- » Russia has deployed Missile Systems on one of the Kuril Islands
- » European countries increase Trade with Russia, despite the War and Sanctions
- » Indonesia has banned Sex outside of Marriage