All Hostages at Paris Kindergarten Released
The unknown attacker who took four children and a parent for hostages at a Paris kindergarten Tuesday has released all his captives.
Around 11.30 am local time, the hostage-taker released the parent, after negotiations with police who have blocked the site.
Soon after, police managed to arrest the attacker, who is said to be in his 30s and unknown to the police.
According to police reports, the hostage-taker was speaking incoherently and said he wanted to die.
Earlier, the last parent freed had convinced the hostage-taker to release all his hostages apart from himself.
Police were called at about 7 am to the school, where 5-10 children and three parents were at the time, French radio reports.
The kindergarten is located in the centre of the town of Vitry-sur-Seine, some 7.5 km (5 miles) from the centre of Paris.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv has received American Abrams Tanks
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Day 578 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv’s Forces continue the Counteroffensive in Southeast
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings