2nd Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge to Be Ready by End 2012
The second bridge over the Danube linking Romania and Bulgaria at Calafat and Vidin will be ready by the end of the year, announced Bulgarian Minister of Transport Ivaylo Moskovski.
Saturday Moskovski accompanied Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and EU Regional Policy Commissioner Johannes Hahn on an inspection of the project for the so-called Danube Bridge 2.
"82% of the bridge itself is completed at the present moment, 90% of funds have been used, 92% of outlying infrastructure has also been completed," summarized the Bulgarian Transportation Minister.
"Only poor meteorological conditions can delay the bridge's launch beyond 2012," said Moskovski.
According to him, Danube Bridge 2 is estimated to service traffic totalling 100,000 vehicles during its first year, after which the quantities are expected to increase.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Price of housing in Bulgaria has risen by more than the EU average since 2010
- » Bulgaria: Will we reach the psychological barrier of BGN 3 per liter of gasoline and diesel
- » Bulgarian hoteliers: The winter season will end if the entry of foreign citizens is banned
- » Sofia Airport has served 3.3 million passengers in 2021
- » Innovation Minister: Investors had given up on Bulgaria because of corruption but now it’s different
- » Gardeners: There are not enough seasonal workers