2nd Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge to Be Ready by End 2012
The second bridge over the Danube linking Romania and Bulgaria at Calafat and Vidin will be ready by the end of the year, announced Bulgarian Minister of Transport Ivaylo Moskovski.
Saturday Moskovski accompanied Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and EU Regional Policy Commissioner Johannes Hahn on an inspection of the project for the so-called Danube Bridge 2.
"82% of the bridge itself is completed at the present moment, 90% of funds have been used, 92% of outlying infrastructure has also been completed," summarized the Bulgarian Transportation Minister.
"Only poor meteorological conditions can delay the bridge's launch beyond 2012," said Moskovski.
According to him, Danube Bridge 2 is estimated to service traffic totalling 100,000 vehicles during its first year, after which the quantities are expected to increase.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ex-Head of the Bulgarian Services: Putin feels Cornered and looks for a Solution Hysterically
- » Bulgaria’s President Convenes Consultative Meeting on the Escalation of the War in Ukraine
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas
- » "Bulgargaz" announces Tenders for the Supply of Liquefied Gas until 2034
- » Bulgaria is Giving Up on Long-Term Supplies from Gazprom
- » Europe reports Record Prices for Bread, in Bulgaria the Increase is almost 30%