Bulgarian 'Hamster' Nabbed for Heading Prostitution Ring
Alleged Bulgarian mobster Anton Petrov aka "The Hamster" has been arrested for organizing a crime group dealing with prostitution, local authorities say.
On Tuesday, two women working in a fashion model agency and one man were detained by police at the Sofia international airport. They were interrogated as witnesses.
Later, the Bulgarian police arrested two men who allegedly took part in the organized crime group by collecting money from the prostitutes. One of them has a crime record and the other one is a fashion agency owner.
The authorities have found out that the money was then given to 39-year-old Anton Petrov.
Petrov, along with his driver and two other individuals, was nabbed Tuesday evening.
The so-called "Hamster" is among the individuals accused in the so-called "Octopus" trial.
The detainees in the "Octopus" case were initially charged with organizing prostitution, drug trafficking, money laundering, racketeering, tax fraud and embezzlement.
In the summer of 2010, the prosecutor declared that it was impossible to solve the case with one trial and opened two trials against a total of 25 defendants, deploying a team of three prosecutors.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros