Bulgarian Migrants Beef Up Prostitutes' Numbers in Norway
The number of prostitutes in Norway has increased substantially, largely thanks to immigrants from Bulgaria, Romania, and Thailand, a report says.
According to the annual report of PRO Center, a NGO, cited by the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, about half of the prostitutes in Norway are Norwegian but the rest are from Bulgaria, Romania, and Thailand.
A surge in the number of prostitutes in Norway has been recorded especially after 2009 when a prostitution ban was introduced.
The report further says it is hard to estimate the precise number of prostitutes in Norway, all the more so that they travel more often than before.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region
- » Bulgaria: More than 50 Minors were found in a Nightclub in Blagoevgrad during a Police Operation